2016 Yamaha YZ450FX
Sale: Save $1,891.00 now until 9/30/2019
Pure 450cc X Country Racer
Designed for closed course cross country and enduro-type racing the all-new YZ450FX combine light, nimble handling with the power of a 450.
- Innovative Hare Scramble/GNCC® Engine Design: The YZ450F™-based machine you’ve been waiting for! The 2016 YZ450FX™ shares the YZ450F’s revolutionary rearward-slanted-cylinder design, with a reversed cylinder head and forward-positioned straight intake. The YZ450FX delivers a controllable, torquey power character with strong top-end power tuned specifically for cross-country racing.
- Bilateral Beam Aluminum Frame: A nearly identical Bilateral Beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ450F is used on the new YZ450FX. It places the engine and fuel tank close to the center mass of the bike for extremely light and nimble handling character.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: The YZ450F-based Keihin® 44mm throttle body fuel injection system is tuned for cross-country racing and ensures smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions.
- Cross Country-specific Suspension: Industry-leading, YZ450F-derived KYB® spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping and a KYB® rear shock both feature fully adjustable settings designed specifically for cross country racing.
- Cross Country Podium Ready: With a two gallon fuel tank, 18-inch rear wheel and XC racing tires, the YZ450FX is ready to win right out of the box.
- 270mm Front Brake: 270mm front disc brake offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- Electric Starter System: The YZ450FX features an electric starter to help reduce rider fatigue along with a new main switch-free electrical system for easier starting off.
- Cross Country Tuned YZ450F Power: YZ450F-style 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke, with reversed cylinder head and forward-positioned straight intake, delivers massive power specifically tuned for cross country racing, to challenge for race victories in the very competitive GNCC® and Hare Scrambles race series.
- Innovative Engine Design: The position of the engine moves the rotational mass of the cams towards the center of the bike which allows for a straight shot, down-draft intake and straight exhaust port for ultimate performance. This also keeps the air box up high, out of dust and mud/water.
- Wraparound Rear Positioned Exhaust Layout: Lightweight YZ450F-spec exhaust system maximizes engine power while centralizing mass, thanks to the innovative wrap-around header design.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: The fuel injection system uses 3-D mapped electronic control for the fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for cross-country racing, with a YZ450F-based 44mm throttle body.
- Compact Engine Layout: Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
- Wide Ratio Gearing: A five-speed wide-ratio transmission is used to insure the right gear is selected for a wide variety of terrain found in cross country racing, from tight single tracks to wide-open desert blasts.
- Revised FX-Specific Clutch System: The clutch plate material, springs, push lever and oil valve are optimized for cross-country racing.
- YZ-F-Derived Cooling System: Large-capacity YZ450F radiators provide maximum cooling efficiency with great strength, and can be fitted with an accessory cooling fan for additional airflow at slower speeds
- Electric Starter System: Push button electric start makes starting the YZ450FX easy and convenient, complete with a simplified electrical system.
- Bilateral Beam Aluminum Frame: YZ450F-based frame offers a compact size while optimizing mass centralization. With its extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings and extrusions complete with model-specific engine mounting, the FX frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Advanced YZ450F Front Fork: Fully adjustable YZ450F-based KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping delivers precise, fade-free handling.
- Revised Shock Tuning: The KYB® shock provides 11.6 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a large piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- 270mm Front Brake: 270mm front brake system provides exceptional stopping power and braking control.
- GNCC®-Specific Tires and Wheels: Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance, with enduro-specific tires.
- Lightweight Racing Muffler: YZ450F-style repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- GYTR® Power Tuner Ready: Accessory GYTR® Power Tuner lets owners adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to match engine performance characteristics to the rider and race conditions in a matter of seconds with the push of a few buttons.
- Real World Tough Features: Rugged plastic skid plate, quick-adjust clutch, aluminum handlebars and a side stand are standard for added rider convenience.
- Simplified Servicing: Quick-release quarter-turn Dzus® air box fasteners for tool-less access to the air filter. High-quality O-ring chain is tough and durable.
- Embedded Graphics: Yamaha’s unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in wheel travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; full adjustable; 12.5-in wheel travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: Dunlop® AT81F 90/90-21
- Tires / Rear: Dunlop® AT81 120/90-18
- L x W x H: 85.2 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 262 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI) Keihin® 44mm
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 270mm
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® AT81F 90/90-21
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; full adjustable; 12.5-in wheel travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® AT81 120/90-18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 262 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)